Automation Engineering Co. specializes in the engineering, design and production of material handling systems for OEMs and suppliers within the aerospace, automotive, tire and tube and pipe sectors. As a systems partner to high-tech industries, AEC makes a decisive contribution by introducing custom, high-precision equipment and vision-guided systems within both new and existing plant operations.
Manufacturers are looking for ways to strengthen processes, eliminate repeat problems and achieve sustainable growth. At AEC, where Excellence is Standard, we focus on not just performance, but quality, design, safety, visualization and the environment. Our material handling solutions are designed to minimize downtime, limit or eliminate operator intervention, and provide for a cleaner, more desirable work environment.
Founded in 1981, AEC has been an established provider of automation and integration solutions among top private and public corporations in the U.S. Some of our international clients can be found on the Global 500. To an industry largely served by a “one-size-fits-all” mentality, we work in cross-functional teams – hand-in-hand with each customer to design and build custom solutions to exact specifications.
Awards & Recognition
- 2014 Best Places to Work in South Carolina
- 2013 Plant Safety Award (SC Manufacturing Alliance)
- 2010 Michelin Vendor Performance Award
- 2009 Manufacturing Excellence Award (Association for Manufacturing Excellence)
- 2009 Progressive Manufacturing Award (Association for Manufacturing Excellence)
- 2008 Best Places To Work in South Carolina
- 2007 Innovision Award for Technology Application, High-Speed Vertical Form-Fill-Seal Machine
- 2006 Silver Crescent Award – Small Manufacturer of the Year
- 2002 Innovision Award for the AEC Webmeter
- Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies